In November, we participated at the jubilee, 15th BIZIT Conference held at Klub poslanika. Our topic was “Changes in infrastructure of uninterruptible power supply equipment”. Numerous changes in the market, such as increase in the amount of information which are stored and used, development of Edge computing, growth of IoT and the need to monitor and manage an ever- increasing number of devices and data, have led to changes in infrastructure of uninterruptible power supply.
Some of the main changes are:
- Modular infrastructure,
- Compact design adjusted to smaller spaces,
- Development of technology which reduces power consumption,
- Development of technology based on usage of alternative energy sources,
- Use of lithium-ion batteries,
- Development of monitoring software (EcoStruxure IT),
- New maintenance and servicing contracts.